Pages

Saturday, 26 June 2010

THE GARDEN

Taking full advantage of this wonderful weather, come take a stroll with me around my garden.

Walk With Me

Walk with me through the garden green


We’ll pause beside pots of colour where the flowers reign


Maybe stop for a while where the tomatoes grow


Or gaze into the pond looking for frogs and newts below,


We’ll stroll beyond the bedding plants


To the secret quiet places where the wildlife garden flourishes


And where the hidden bench offers refuge from a hectic world


We can gaze upon the buddleia, a haven for bees and butterflies


Or look up to where the candle tree reaches for the skies


Or glance towards the arch where birds feed on fat balls


Come walk with me, leave your troubles behind, forget them all
Walk into a quieter time
Walk with me, in my garden.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the tour, a garden is something we both miss living in a flat so sharing yours is much appreciated! The bench is particularly tempting and I'm sure you can imagine the good use I could make of the pond.

    ReplyDelete