Pages

Sunday, 12 June 2016

PARADISE 9 AND THE TYLA J PALLAS BAND AT THE BORDERLINE

Just a 'quikie' this one.
I love all kinds of music, anything 'Space Rock' (or similar) has to be near or at the top of my list of favourite genres, so, imagine my delight when earlier this week I got a notification from Gregg McKella that Paradise 9 (One of my favourite bands) had just been booked to support the Tyla J Pallas Band at the Borderline on Saturday 11th June and, what's more, as a loyal friend of P9, I could go on the £5 guest list!
Well, it was a no brainer, I sped my way down to 'The Smoke' courtesy of Great Northern Railways and after a refreshing pint of ale in The Pillars of Hercules it was into The Borderline for me to catch up with Gregg and the guys  before they played an absolute blinder of a set that had the crown rocking and dancing. Boy oh boy were P9 on form and on fire, a really excellent start to the evening and well worth coming down for just for them.

Paradise 9

Gregg McKella in full flow

Excellence from any angle!
Although I was never a huge fan of Dogs D' Amour, former front man, Tyla J Pallas, as a singer songwriter, Artist, Poet etc. is one of rocks great characters and with the current band, extraordinarily tight behind him he really played some superb 'kick ass' rock, they were absolutely brilliant, what a great night!


Tyla J Pallas Band

Tyla really rocked us

Finally, once more, many thanks to Gregg for the heads up and the invite.

Cheers all
Grant


2 comments:

  1. Hey Grant thanks for the fab review. Really glad you made it, top night! :) See you soon mate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, an absolutely excellent evening all round.

      Delete