Pages

Thursday, 24 November 2016

GONG LIVE AT THE DOME, TUFNELL PARK, LONDON, 23 11 16

As I type this I am listening to Rejoice I'm Dead! Nice and loud.
Quite simply last night's gig with Zofff supporting was truly magnificent, for me beyond doubt this was the gig of the year!
Gong were on fire, playing mainly songs from Camembert Electrique and Rejoice I'm Dead! to a Dome packed out with the Gong Family old and new it was a night to remember, a night I'm sure Daevid and Gilli smiled down upon.

So, this time I'm posting all my photo's rather than a select few, and a short poetic summation of my evening (As usual).

Gong at The Dome, Tufnell Park, London 23 11 16

Once more into London with a couple of hours to spare
A pint of Twickenham in the Sir John Betjeman
It’s been a while since I’ve been in there

A short hop down the tube to The Euston Tap
For a Bad Seed IPA and a House of Mirrors
Well fancy that!

Back on the tube to Tufnell Park where a gust of wind stole my hat
A shame but such things happen
Although I could have done without that!

A quick pint in the Boston before doors at seven at the Dome
And a wonderful gathering of the Gong Family
With Gong you’re never alone

Playing some amazing experimental psychedelic rock
The night got off to a really great start
Courtesy of Zofff

I met a load of good people including SpaceDogs, the band
Another highlight was when Kavus spotted me in the crowd
And raced over to shake my hand

Gong were truly magnificent, a word which for me says it all
Long live Gong
They were PHENOMENAL

GM
24/11/16


ZOFFF






Getting ready for Gong



GONG 
























All rights reserved, words and pictures Copyright Grant Meaby November 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment